PDA

View Full Version : West Marine Non-Skid paint

Stephan
07-17-2011, 12:57 PM
Hi guys,

I'm repainting part of my deck and just bought:
WEST MARINE Sea Gloss Pro Nonskid Paint
I got the white version, and need to color it to the 'powder blue' the rest of the boat deck is painted in. I'm planning to buy some blue coloring agent and try different ratios until I get close. My question is - which coloring agent works with this paint? The guys in the store didn't know, I can't find anything on the West Marine web site, and, forgive me if I missed it, a search on here didn't yield any posts. So, did anyone use this non-skid and colored it? And what did they use?

Greetings, Stephan

Commander 147
07-17-2011, 06:16 PM
Stephan

I would suggest you find the paint manufacture's name on the can and contatch their techical support person. After doing the same as I suggest I was able to color both the interior cabin paint and the Kiwi Grip non-skid for Destiny by taking it to a local paint supplier and having them tint it for me. But not all paints depending on the formulation would allow this. Always best to contact the manufacturer.

Stephan
07-18-2011, 03:29 PM
OK, the West Marine technical advisor tells me that this paint is made by Pettit, and that any acrylic coloring agent should work. He can't tell me officially to do it, but he said he knows of people that have successfully done so... I'll try a few ratios and see if it dries and if I can get close with the original color.