PDA

View Full Version : hatch cover dimensions?

raptor
08-08-2005, 11:08 PM
Hello all. I am so glad to have found this site. We have a Ariel 26 and need a working jib. We no longer want to use our roller furler. Can any one please tell us the size sail to look for. Our poor little boat has gone thru the last two Baja hurricanes and and last winter we finally got her on the hard and restepped the mast and are planning to go down and sail her this winter. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

raptor
08-08-2005, 11:32 PM
I just posted on the general topics before realising that I should have been here. Sorry...its late and Im new ! Anyway...our Ariel 26 is in Baja Sur and we are in Oregon so if someone out there will kindly give us info we will be eternaly grateful. We no longer want to use roller furler so need to know dimensions of a working jib and also need to replace our hatch cover which went away in hurricane Julliette. Can anyone tell us the size of either. Raptor is currently on the hard waiting for us to come down this winter and finish putting her back in shape so she can go back into the water where she belongs. She survived both Julliette and Marty and has certainly earned the right to live to sail another day. Whe I went down after Julliette to recue her and put her safely on the hard I promied her that we would come back , restep her mast , replace all the missing parts and she would sail again. Finally 3 years later all the is left is the small stuff. I am a newbie at this sailing thing but this little boat has stolen my heart (as did her owner ) and I am so looking forward to being back on the water with just the man ,the dog , the boat and me all sailing off into (for me) uncharted territories.

Bill
08-09-2005, 09:21 AM
From the Manual:

1. WORKING JIB maximum dimensions

Luff 28' 6"
Foot 10' 4"
Leach 25' 0"
Battens 1 - 12" and 2 - 15"

You might want to ask Hogin Sails for a quote. They give Association members a very good price on sails and are located in Alameda, CA. Tell 'em Bill sent you. :) sales@hoginsails.com

Web page is www.hoginsails.com

raptor
08-10-2005, 09:07 AM
info much appreciated...!

ebb
08-10-2005, 03:27 PM
Which hatch cover?
Fore, companionway, or lazarette?

raptor
09-10-2005, 10:11 AM
lazarette....on foredack over lv berth.....thanks for any info....

willie
09-10-2005, 11:33 AM
Hey, welcome! How'd i miss this?!

I'm in Oregon also. Have a few extra jibs on my Ariel at Arlington, might work a deal for a sail in BAJA this winter!! lol One of them is a new one, i just don't like using it for some reason. Might work for you.
You can take a look anytime, maybe we can go for a spin.
541-763-2131
Looking fwd. to hearing from you,