+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bronze Fittings/Hardware source

Bronze Fittings/Hardware source

Saw this Bristol Bronze site linked elsewhere, thought I'd pass it along. I did a search here (wish there was an AND function), the only prior reference I saw was one of ebb's posts.

The folks who were talking about this fellow said he liked to talk about his work a lot (cool! he's excited about what he does...), and it seems I remember something similar to that here a few days ago, I don't remember where (been reading lots of Archive material lately ).

http://www.bristolbronze.com/

BRISTOL BRONZE & LOGO PLATES

Bristol Bronze has patterns for the Ariel and Commander logo plates. He also has a pattern for the oval Pearson builder's plate. Although the builder's plate is the same size and design as the one's on the Ariel and Commander, it only comes in bronze (they way they were made in later years) -- no chrome or blue porcelain. Part numbers and a recent cost for the logo plates can be found in the logo plate thread.

Much of Bristol Bronze's catalog predates The A/C's. What makes B.B. truly unique is that Roger Winiarski will cast an item for you from a pattern you supply - as well as cast a part for the A/C that he has a pattern for in his library. Whenever I called Bristol it was Roger on the phone. And it was Roger who polished the casting when it came from the foundry and drilled the holes and chamfers - and supplied the bolts. There are very few outfits left who treat you as an individual, or even an actual person.
    It is from Roger I learned (tho it may be in The Great A/C Manual) of the alloys used in the Pearson facility his company supplied when Tritons and A/Cs were being made. Thus if you decide to get rudder shoe and shaft from B.B. they will, last I spoke with R, be supplied in manganese bronze. (You may know I, personally, don't agree with this, but I couldn't convince him over the phone - what provenance has a carpenter anyway?) Given the problems A/Cs have had with dezincification, my arguement holds some saltwater.
    He did cast for me a beefed up 'improved' stemfitting (strap I think he calls it) that has a thicker flange for clevis pins. Obviously I think it looks fabulous! I believe he told me of a Triton owner who was happy with the fitting. Bristol Bronze deserves your business.

Roger was seriously mugged outside a hotel room at a conference a few years ago. An email said it was going to take a year to fully recover. I'm haven't been in contact with him, maybe Bill knows how he's doin.
    Last edited by ebb; 01-13-2005 at 09:33 AM.

+ Reply to Thread