+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hull 355

Hull 355

Hello all,
    I am new owner of 355. Great site, very informative. I will post some pictures in the next week or so to add to the impressive gallery. Quick question for anyone who has done it. The wood grain laminate below IMHO looks dated. I am keeping the rest of the boat all original, just stripped all brightwork and it looks good. I have seen some pictures here where the salon has been done in white/beige with the teak trim. Was that a new laminate or just the old one pulled, prepped and painted over? Thanks.

Asst. Vice Commodore, NorthEast Fleet, Commander Division (Ret.) Brightwaters, N.Y.
    Welcome aboard

You could do it either way. Easiest just to leave it in place, rough it up and paint it.

I removed the old laminate on my Commander and replaced it

http://www.pearsonariel.org/discussi...read.php?t=454

An Ariel would have more pieces to do

The old laminate is stuck on real good. I used a heat gun to soften the glue when I took it off. Only started two small fires

It looks real sharp with the teak trim. I guess the last post in the your thread sums it up and will be the way I go. Thanks for your help.

A hearty welcome, Howard! I must say you have excellent taste.

I got Ariel #414 last summer, and it's interior is painted white with teak trim. I'd like to take credit, but it was done by a previous owner. I'm looking real forward to getting my first whole season on the boat next year.
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

Hey!
    let's have a little white with teak trim photo contest here!

Talking

[size=2]'Faith' (Ariel #226) is in the 'white with teak trim' column also. I really like it, clues lead me to suspect it was done early in the boat's life. When I removed the ice box, there was no trace of woodgrain under it, or extra glue where old stuff had been removed. Kinda wonder if it might have been special ordered in white?

Only woodgrain is the piece where the switch panel is...... Kinda wish that they had found another color for the counter tops, but glad it was done.

[/size]

s/v 'Faith'

1964 Ariel #226
    Link to our travels on Sailfar.net

+ Reply to Thread