+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tack Pennant Rigging Diagram

Tack Pennant Rigging Diagram

I recently removed a small old cracked block from my masthead which I have since learned via the manual is a "tack pennant"? How does one use this thing and for what mostly? Is it in leu of a spreader mini block for hoisting pennants? (I don't have one on my spreaders yet)
    I'd also like to know how to properly use it and hoist a pennant. Also, is it only used in port with the sails down? Does the pennant halyard get tangled? Tips and tricks?

Forgive my protocol ignorance.

"Anyone, anyone, Bueller?"

Did I ask a silly question?

Could you post a photo?

The small block was attached to the "Flag Halyard Guide". Somewhere else I saw a photo of the setup but could not find it again for this post. The drawing is from the manual.

Hey Roy:

I am also wondering what the Flag Halyard Guide is. All I have on my mast is a small mounting hole--not sure if it is threaded or not--very near the top of the mast. My manual points to the hole and says FHG. If you find a picture of the block that would help. Signal flags and parade flags go from the very tip of the mast to the stern and to the bow. And if you really want to do it correctly (Ebb?) the flag halyard line its self must actually touch the water at the bow and the water at the stern.

-joe

Pennant block - with photos

OK, now I have photos and wonder how to rig this thing and what it is used for? As you can see the block is old and broken.

I'm most concerned with the pennant halyard near the deck. Where and how to rig it to avoid tangled lines.
    Attached Images    

I don't know how to post images to a current thread. Yes I read the FAQ but the "manage images" button is nowhere to be found unless I post a whole new thread. I'm a newbie. So I posted a whole new thread!

+ Reply to Thread