+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Commander #65 "Lucky Dawg"

Hybrid View

No prob Mike. Thanks for looking.

I'd love some detail pix on your chain locker cover. I've always admired it. And I've always been perplexed as to how to recreate it. So, no hurry, but sometime before 2012 launch!

--------------
    I mentioned my crappy window-reinstall job... Sadie Lucas (and Max the dog) and I crashed around on Lake Michigan briefly on Monday afternoon. 16kts or so and healthy 6+ footers piled up pretty steep and frequent at the mouth of the breakwater for the Muskegon Channel. (not nearly so serene yesterday as that photo. It tends to mellow out significantly when you get away from the breakwater, but...) With spray blowing over the cabin as we bashed into the waves, water was coming in my crappy window-sealing job way too much for Sadie's liking. They were both below for that part of the ride and Sadie apparently convinced Lucas that we were sinking... and their blankets got damp to boot. I was assuring them that it wasn't dangerous, just "bouncy" but that did little for their attitudes. My crew was on the verge of mutiny and demanded we return to Muskegon Lake - to which I conceded. We did a big U-turn and surfed back in at 7.5-8 kts. Apparently no enduring damage done to their zest for sailing. Fun while it lasted.

Kyle,

You might think about getting a local welder to fix you existing chock. Somebody with a TIG welder could repair it very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Dawg View Post
    I'd love some detail pix on your chain locker cover. I've always admired it. And I've always been perplexed as to how to recreate it. So, no hurry, but sometime before 2012 launch!
    Kyle, I started a thread here... http://www.pearsonariel.org/discussi...4064#post24064
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

+ Reply to Thread