+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Broken Hinges

Broken Hinges

Does anybody have, or know where I can get, a couple hinges for the engine well lid? The hinge halves attached to my deck have broken and I'd like to replace them.

Wecome Pfeilclan! Didn't the Cleveland Yacht Club have a mess of Ariels and Commanders in the old days? Maybe even a racing fleet?

Believe I have a set of hinges from the forward hatch of an Ariel. I think they are the same as ones for the lazarette. Being originally from Cleveland, till the advanced age of four, I might be persuaded to work out a deal.

Glad to hear from a fellow Clevelander! The CYC ArCom Fleet was founded in 1967 and at one time boasted 27 boats. We enjoyed many years of one-design racing. Unfortunately, our numbers dwindled over the last 5 years and the few remaining boats race JAM/PHRF. I miss the good old days.

I'm thrilled that you have some hinges I might be able to use. Do you know whether the base half of your hatch hinges are tapered (thicker on one side) to compensate for the curved cabin top? On the Commander there seems to be a left and a right hand version; they are not interchangeable. I heard from Mike Maloney from the Shorewood Yacht Club who said he's going to remove the outboard well on another boat this winter and will ask the owner if he is willing to send the hinges off to me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but also need to keep all my options open should this fall through. Many thanks for your response!

+ Reply to Thread