+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Boarding Ladders

Hybrid View

Mike

I'm sure you've already run across this site (bristol 29, I believe). This chap has incorporated a ladder into the push pit and is the very similar to what we're having fashioned for 113. I do like your idea of a trip line dragging behind and may need to make some alterations before they start cutting and welding. Thanks for doing your part to keep the project continually expanding.

Tony G
    Attached Images  

CommanderPete,

First, having glanced again through your thread I have to complement you on your excellent photography. You are a credit to this forum, I wish I was able to take pictures nearly as well as you.

The nicest ladder I have come across was installed on Ariel Spirit (#3). Of all the excellent hardware that came with this boat when I delivered it, the ladder was the one piece that came nearest not making it to the new owners (conscience is so darn unhandy).

Not exactly sure why it is on it's side, but I can't seem to modify it.... just tilt your head.

It folds up to a very small package, but because of the way it is made it does not try to fold under when you step aboard. Not sure of the mfg, but if anyone learns where one could be had I would sure like to get one.

__________________________________________________ _

OBTW, great things have been happening with A-3, look forwar to her Capt, can finding some time to post the pictures.

s/v 'Faith'

1964 Ariel #226
    Link to our travels on Sailfar.net

Asst. Vice Commodore, NorthEast Fleet, Commander Division (Ret.) Brightwaters, N.Y.
    That's a neat ladder. I looked for collapsible boarding ladders and only found this one in England

http://www.safety-marine.co.uk/Life-...nufacturer.htm

There are a couple of reasonably priced ladders here in stainless, dont know who makes them (scroll down)

http://www.popeyesmarine.com/Marine%20Gear.htm

Lots of ladders on ebay

One problem with a side mount ladder is that people won't be able to resist yanking on the lifeline stantion as they come aboard
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by commanderpete; 11-10-2007 at 04:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread