+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Commander 275 - Newbie - Hi

Commander 275 - Newbie - Hi

I just wanted to introduce myself - I just purchased hull # 275, live on Long Island and have quite a few questions…

I have admired and wanted a Commander for quite some time and have finally decided to make the jump from centerboard day sailor to a full keeled boat designed by one of my favorite naval architects, C.A.

I've read a bot of info and am very glad to see the breadth and depth of info available on these boats. With the right direction, instructions time and resources - I feel confident in making her yare...

I have tried to use the search function and it is a little finicky to find what I'm looking for. I'm hoping someone can help me use that function more effectively…

As a former Commander rookie I have two pieces of advice:
    Buy the book from this group: it's worth every penny.
    Use google to search the forum. The site's search tool is a bit dull.

Welcome Commander-275! Wish you the best of luck with the new boat. I bought Commander #3 about 4 years ago, having a lot of fun working and sailing it. Your #275 is ringing a bell, did you buy that boat in Manasquan, NJ by any chance? If so, I tried to buy that boat but it didn't work out.

I also agree with Skipperjer's advice.

Commander #3
    Fritz

Ditto, welcome Commander 275!

In addition to what the other guys have told you I would add that these boats are absolutely worth the effort you put into them. I spent a long time restoring C147 and I am launching her again tomorrow for my second season of sailing her since the restoration. Here in Florida our sailing season is fall, winter and spring. I love sailing her and I love all of the admiring comments I get whenever I take her out.

Enjoy!!!
    JERRY CARPENTER - C147
    A man can succeed at almost anything for which he has unlimited enthusiam.

This is amazing:

Commander 38 - Newbie - Hi
    I just wanted to introduce myself - I just got for free hull # 38, live on Long Island and have quite a few questions…

I have decided to make the jump from centerboard day sailor (I have a 15' mutineer) to a full keeled boat.

I've read a bot of info and am very glad to see the breadth and depth of info available on these boats. With the right direction, instructions time and resources - I feel confident in making her yare...

I am joe and live in rocky point. would like to talk to you.

how can I reply to ABL1111 privately?

Click on the user name and a widow will appear. Click on private message.

+ Reply to Thread