+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Loose outboard fuel tanks

Loose outboard fuel tanks

We uncovered our beloved "Pearl" yesterday and started thinking about this spring's projects. Among them is figuring out a good way to fasten the outboard fuel tanks which float and bang around in the lazerrette. Has anyone devised a good way to fasten them down. Maybe just bungies?

Asst. Vice Commodore, NorthEast Fleet, Commander Division (Ret.) Brightwaters, N.Y.
    "Pearl"

I always liked that name.

I've got some blocks of wood epoxied to the floor of the lazarette on either side of where the tank goes. Eye straps screwed into the wood blocks. Then you can tie the tank down.

fuel tank location

Adele M has a sort of platform tabbed into the after section of the starboard cockpit locker. It even has formed blocks and a tie down strap for those old round cornered evinrude tanks. I don't use it cause I figure fumes can easily get down into the cabin from there, but does anyone use such a thing, or even have one? I myself use a three gallon nissan poly tank on the port laz floor. I set it on an old car floor mat, and it stays put pretty well. I keep a new 5 gallon poly reserve container down in the forward section of the stbd cockpit locker, under the sail bags so it stays put. Less weight in the stern that way. Ya need to keep that laz cutout from digging in while underway.....
    ()-9

+ Reply to Thread