+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Commander #35 - a moment of silence

Commander #35 - a moment of silence

Sorry to see a hull go to her final rest. The Commander being parted out on Ebay is hull #35.

Same boat the lazarette cover comes from. (http://pearsonariel.org/discussion/s....php?t=1647) I mentioned that I bought the coaming logos from it.

The seller asked me what the lights below were worth - "lights work, the glass is perfect and the color bright." I certainly haven't the foggiest idea. Any thoughts?

I asked for a list of any intact parts they are looking to sell. Of you have any particular part you might be looking for, I can put you in touch with the sellers. They are friendly and reasonable.
    Attached Images    
    Last edited by Lucky Dawg; 07-09-2007 at 05:34 AM.

Is that an original Pearson Stern Light?

I am talking to them about this light, but I do not think it looks like the one that broke on my boat.... which I think was made of aluminum (??)

Any insight on this?

It looks just like the one on my Commander.

I contacted the seller. They've listed the cabin lights for $24.99. (Item number: 250142555282) and the stern light for $9.99 (Item number: 250142560416)

Unfortunately, I missed the auction fro the cowl vent. It sold for $32!

Thanks for the tip Kyle.
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

Some more parts of C-35 will live-on.

The running lights have found a home on A-231. The originial chrome finish is a bust but they'll look Ok in bronze. Too bad I missed the tiller and tiller-head.

I suspect they still have the complete mast.. I can't remember who needs the mast head casting.
    Last edited by bill@ariel231; 07-24-2007 at 09:40 AM.

Go Bill! Are you going to use the complete units, or just pieces? I'd be interested in one of the bases if not. I stripped out the hole in the base of one of mine trying to extract a broken screw. It's being held on with a tapped epoxy plug now - not sure how long that'll last though...
    Mike

The lights will replace my non-original Perko units.

A-231 arrived in my care with the originials long gone. The install on C-35 appeared to use the threaded nut and a single screw. With a headliner I don't see how the nut is used. A couple of pictures on your boat show the light fastened with two screws per fitting. are these the only fastners holding them in place?

P.S. The epoxy threads on your lights sound like a long term fix!
    Last edited by bill@ariel231; 07-25-2007 at 05:17 AM.

The base is held on by 2 screws into the coach roof, then the cap is screwed onto the base with 1 screw. Not a nut in sight.

Maybe you can open up the bump out in headliner at the back of the lights so you can use that nut and get at the wiring more easily. Then cover it with some of your cool woodwork? It'd probably be more secure and serviceable that way...
    Mike

+ Reply to Thread