+ Reply to Thread

Thread: F.S.: Ariel in Florida

Asst. Vice Commodore, NorthEast Fleet, Commander Division (Ret.) Brightwaters, N.Y.

F.S.: Ariel in Florida

http://orlando.craigslist.org/boa/963820582.html

1967 26' Pearson Ariel Sloop Full Keel - $7200 (Cocoa Beach)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply to: sale-963820582@craigslist.org [?]
    Date: 2008-12-19, 11:05AM EST

3 sails, 9.9 4 stroke mercury engine very low hours, sleeps 4, stainless sink, portable toilet, 3.8' draft, 8' beam,VHF an AM/FM Radio, 27 gallon water tank, well maintained, have all documentation, have to sell bad shoulder. Please call Bill 321-783-7938

I looked at that boat on Sunday. The old gentleman that owns it is a very nice guy, but in my opinion he is asking over current market value for the boat. He has owned it for 20 years and I don't think it has recieved a lot of TLC during that time. The deck had several layers of paint on it that was cracked all over the place. (the paint was cracked not the deck, at least as far as I could tell)

The beam under the mast has a very obvious sag to it. The top of the cabin door had been cut so it would open and close. The deck was not very soft but there were a few places that had a dead sound to them when you tapped them with the handle of a screw driver.

The boat was sitting in a canal behind the gentleman's house and I could not inspect the rudder or hull very well. There were also several layers of paint on the topsides of the hull that was also cracked.

The brightwork was not bright. All of the finish had peeled off and much of the wood looked like it would need replacing.

Everything below looked like it was original and after 41 years was tired.

The outboard was mounted off the transom on a bracket instead of in the outboard well.

+ Reply to Thread