+ Reply to Thread

Thread: racing

racing

Is anybody out there racing..... I am in year two and we are doing much better with our tactics and my crew is getting better we have pulled out 2 second place finishes out of 3 races. Natty Boht, are you doing North point this year?

Yesterday on the bay was great with a steady 15 knots with gust to 20, calming just a bit right at the last leg.

Racing has really taught be to be a better sailor, I recommend it to anybody considering it.

Natty Boh't is on land at Young's in Edgemere. I had some health problems (all taken care of ) and some other projects that got in the way. I'll be in by July. I'm taking the opportunity to take care of some long-term maintenance issues. North Point Sailing Association is racing Wednesday nights. Start is at PW8 off of Sparrows Point at 6:30. They would welcome you unannounced any Wednesday. I might be on the committee boat. Sailing instructions can be downloaded from their website http://www.npsaweb.com/.

Well, wavelength just finish series one of Rock Creek Racing's summer series and we placed second in the 9 boats in our non spin class. My crew is constant and we do every race, feeling pretty good about it even though a big part of the early series was getting in every race (some boats didn't). There were some exciting races including one with 20+ knots of unexpected wind, in that race one boat lost is forestay, another had a prior keel repair that failed and took on a lot of water (made it to the lift on time) and one who blew out a pretty nice kite, the little Ariel powered through that race pretty well with no reef and still not feeling over powered.

Skipper Jer, how was your groups participation in the early season races, we see you guys across the way doing your thing, too bad the joint races didn't seem to work out last year.

+ Reply to Thread