+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pics of My New Commander

New Pics of My Commander!

Just got this boat...first sailboat I've bought since my Laser when i was a kid. I wanted to get back into sailing and was looking for a small daysailor until I came across the ad for a Commander. Not knowing a thing about Aldrich or Pearson boast I fell in love. After reading everything i could about these boats I realize I mad a great choice...should have it ready to sail next week...can't wait. Here are some photo's of the boat.

the 1st two pics are actually the same boat but from the web...all the pics following the 1st two are of my new boat.

Cheers, B

Pics:
    http://homepage.mac.com/bmjnyc/Reel/PhotoAlbum52.html
    Last edited by Pcommander; 11-08-2005 at 02:21 PM. Reason: New Photos of my Commander

Looks like you got this one...

http://www.pearsonariel.org/discussi...read.php?t=959

I was thinking about that one myself at one time - good looking boat!
    Congrats!

Asst. Vice Commodore, NorthEast Fleet, Commander Division (Ret.) Brightwaters, N.Y.
    A fine looking craft indeed. Good choice.

Are you going to keep her near Patchogue?

Hey

No, actually I'm working on getting her to Oreint Point. Not confident to sail her up the south shore and around montauk as I have never sailed in the ocean. I think I may take her down through Shinnecock canal though I will have to take the mast down to go under a low bridge. I hope the former owner will show me how to do this. I can't belive how expensive it is to trailer her up to Oreint. best, b

More Pics of My Commander

More Pics of My Commander
    1964 26' Pearson Commander

I've posted some pics of her last summer but here are some more. I bought her last July 05 in Patchogue long Island. My freind and I motored her from Patchogue to her new home at the Orient Yacht Club. Prior to getting her I had not really sailed in 15 years. Over the last few years I got interested in sailng again and wanted to buy a small, low maintence day sailor. I did not expect to find myself with such a big old boat but when I saw here I had to have her. So far so good, the prior owner was a boat builder and took good care of her as well as making many structual improvements. I just pulled he out of the water but did manage to get one last Fall sail in which I hope will last me through the winter. These are pics of my trip from from Patchogue to her new home at the Orient Yacht Club as well as my first day sailing her....Enjoy, BMJ

http://homepage.mac.com/bmjnyc/Reel/PhotoAlbum52.html

Asst. Vice Commodore, NorthEast Fleet, Commander Division (Ret.) Brightwaters, N.Y.
    Excellent. Thanks.

I'll be in for a few more weeks. Drop me a line if you need a sailing fix.

+ Reply to Thread