+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Propeller shaft nut torque

Propeller shaft nut torque

Ok all you nissan 4-stroke 6 hp owners...

Anyone know the torque for the propeller shaft nut?

Finally bit the bullet after my Yamaha 9.9 gave it up and decided to go for Nissan. Hope it works out in these parts. Heck, even the 9.9 had to struggle against the tides so I guess just have to work around them and enjoy the lack of smoke and noise while doing it.

I got the 7" pitch prop and thought I'd get it on there but don't have access to a manual yet for the torque info.

I thought perhaps I'd epoxy and pop-rivet a square socket to the top of the motor cover via which I could engage a shaft from above the lazerette hatch. Attached to the shaft would be a small steering wheel with which to spin the motor through its 180 degree turning radius. Also working on ideas for external shift & throttle control. The throttle shoud be easy cause the cables already exist in the OB tiller. The shift .... well... any ideas? ( need to be able to shift throughout the full 180 deg.) hmmm..

Russ

Did a Google search and came up with this source of an on-line manual for the 6hp 4 stroke engine: http://www.nissan-outboards.com/tech-info.htm

+ Reply to Thread