+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sailing to the delta

cfm563 Guest

sailing to the delta

hello all! Going to sail my Ariel Memorial weekend (actually the 28th and 29th) to the Delta. First time doing this and need some advise on a destination. Will be starting from Vallejo marina and want to overnight. I did some research and came up with Eddos resort which is just past the Antioch Bridge. There is also Sherman Lake resort which looks to be abeam Antioch. Any advise? Dont want to do marathon day sails to get there either. Really want to go to Koths pirate lair but it just seems too far away for just an overnighter Any input or tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Kent and Claudia Smith keep their Ariell in the Delta and have cruised her there extensively. Unfortunately, they left for Turkey in late April to do some sailing, but might be back before Memorial Day. (Kent usually writes an article for the newsletter about their chatering experiences.)

I'll send them an E-mail with your request in case they return before you leave. Meantime, there's always Latitude 38. I believe there's a bit on the Delta this month.

cfm563 Guest
    thank you Bill. That would be much appreciated! We will be trucking our Ariel to Anacortes in July and I have always wanted to sail the Delta. Its now or never!

Quote Originally Posted by cfm563
    hello all! Going to sail my Ariel Memorial weekend (actually the 28th and 29th) to the Delta. First time doing this and need some advise on a destination.

I cannot help with any suggestions on locations or sailing up the Delta, but having our Commander up in Vallejo, I hope to make it up into the Delta soon. Any pointers you can pass along will be appreciated!

Thanks,

Antonio

cfm563 Guest
    Hi Antonio! were you at the marina last weekend? There was a gentleman working on a Commander. I was doing some painting on my Ariel on F- dock.

I was there on Saturday... on 'G' Dock. And I have not spotted any other Commanders in the marina - so it was likely me.

Should have given me a shout...

I'll look for your Ariel, I have not seen many. -I just recently acquired my Commander.

I'm planning on going out either Fri or Sat depending on the weather - the parents are in town, and I plan on taking them for a short sail.

What are you painting? I would not ming having a look and getting some pointers as I seem to need to do a bit of painting myself!

cfm563 Guest
    Hi Rico, I am on F dock. Slip F-18. I was painting the cabin. I will be painting the anti-skid this Saturday 5/27 and heading to the Delta on Sunday. I am actually moving the boat to the Delta for the summer and than hauling it to Anacortes, Wa. Incidentally, on F-Dock there are 2 commanders side by side. Swing by on Saturday if you are around.

+ Reply to Thread