+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Commander 295

Hybrid View

Outstanding work, Bill. And a great blow-by-blow write up that seems to include just about everything one could think of. It reads a lot less painful than all the hours you put into it I'm sure. You have some serious shine on your hardware there and I noticed a set of shiney somethings on either side of the backstay chain plate...whuchagot there?
    My home has a keel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
    Outstanding work, Bill. And a great blow-by-blow write up that seems to include just about everything one could think of. It reads a lot less painful than all the hours you put into it I'm sure. You have some serious shine on your hardware there and I noticed a set of shiney somethings on either side of the backstay chain plate...whuchagot there?
    Those somethings are the boarding ladder....take a look at the thread of that title in the Forum for pictures and description of how it works...

One of the fun aspects of living in Cleveland is that there is a machine shop, chromer, bronze foundry, custom paint blender, imported hardwood vendor, and much more.....everybody you need. Oh, and also ideal warehouse space for rent..cheap. Oh, and a Great Lake full of big water sailing...

Kiwi Grip:

I used a custom color, but I could have easily used their standard...I think I ended up about the same place. I did find it quite easy to color by the local Sherwin Williams store (not home depot!). The guy spent 10 minutes punching his calculator, then blended it up purposefully.

I bought white for a reason: painting my headliner inside the boat. I did my best to put a decent surface on the factory roughness...made worse by fiddling through the last 40 years...then rolled on a couple of coats of white Kiwi Grip using a foam roller. The idea was to make the surface uniformly rough so that the whoppies weren't as obvious. This is a subjective opinion, but I'd say it worked rather well. Looks better than the factory original white-grey-black fleck budget housepaint, certainly.

Very nice

Really nice job there. Good idea using the Kiwi in the cuddy, the gloss paint I used is pretty good at highlighting every ripple. You guys sailing in Cleveland yet?
    Mike
    C227

Yes, Mike...sailing season started very early this year, and it has been great because the spring heat has not arrived yet...and the customary violence of the daily T-storms hasn't b een in evidence. It will come! But, "Full and By" is still in my shop, receiving her wood trim and wiring....

+ Reply to Thread