+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garhauer Service sucks!

Thumbs down Garhauer Service sucks!

Ordered a standard main traveler on the 28th of June, emailed and called them several times, no response. Asked that they give me a tracking number, no response. Was told on the 30th of june , it would be shipped right out , they lie and they suck. You West coast guys might like their ****, but I'm going to tell everyone on the East Coast not to buy a damn thing from them if they cant ship out a new standard order for a stock item promptly, how bad can there service dept. be if you need a repair. I was thinking of outfitting several boats with their gear ,but I guess they dont need several thousnd dollars in sales .

Mike
    That's a bummer. I've had nothing but good luck and service from the Garhauer people. I have noticed lately that their product line and company is growing and that sometimes translates into deminishing individual attention. I'm guilty of that myself! If you've given them ample opportunity to respond and have heard nothing then vote with your dollar, that's business and that's how it's done. Tony G

Bet these bad boys of the industry have a hard time keeping up with the orders. And maybe they're eccentric enough to all take off and go sailing for a month, like that. Garhauer is pretty special, you gotta cut em a little slack.

Hell, or pay four (4) time more for Harken (that's over to your side, boy!)

Mike,

I have placed a number of orders through Garhauer, both by phone, and at boat shows here on the West Coast. It is a family owned and family run business. I have never experienced problems. The personnel with whom I have spoken have been very accommodating, friendly and helpful. When I wanted a stock part altered, I was able to speak with the engineer who designed the part. Where else can you do that? Delivery has been prompt, and the light (steel-bearing) block series is superb. I don't buy anyone else's blocks if a steel-bearing block fits the application. Also their lifting davit is a piece of functional, indestructible art. I am very pleased with the Garhauer products that I have purchased and thrilled to be able to buy that quality at a very reasonable price. My suggestion is to call them again and ask to speak with Mark Garhauer, or any member of the Garhauer family. I recommend that you convey your concerns directly to them, before you give up on the firm. I have found them all very accommodating, knowledgeable and ready to please. I think that you will be happy with the products they provide if the product in question fits your application.
    Scott

Well they finally answered my Email.

The check, er traveler, is in the mail!

Well , they say they sent it out last week on the 30th, funny I asked them by email and telephone to inform me by email when it went out . Sorry Scott, but I dont think of over 30 days to send out a stock item was 'prompt service'.
    I once worked for Walter P. Chrysler, 1st thing he did every morning was answer his mail and he expected his staff to do the same. At least let the customer know there is a problem or delay and what to expect and when , to me that is good service.

Mike

Well like I said earlier, I have had great service from Garhauer, and I am very enthusiastic about the quality and price of Garhauer products. My point was that a call placed to Mark or one of the other members of the Garhauer family might produce prompt results. Also a call would ensure that those in charge are aware of the delay in your order, and the impact that the delay might have on future orders from you. I am glad that you got a response, and I hope that you like the product when it arrives.
    Scott

Here is some eye candy to hold you until your blocks arrive. This Garhauer series 30 light block turns my downhaul back to the deck organizer block
    Attached Images  
    Scott

+ Reply to Thread