+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Commander 273

Commander 273

My father and I just bought Commander #273 from a Boy Scout camp where we have been maintaining the sailing fleet. As you can see from the pictures, we have quite a bit of work to do, but as soon as we clear some other projects we hope to get down to business. I'll post more pictures as the process continues.

Congratulations on your new commander! They are beautiful boats, aren't they? From the pics you posted she doesn't look bad at all! Tony G

congratualtions,

I'm close to Atlanta in Opelika, AL, about 2 hours away. where are you sailing and how much did you pay for your boat. Does it have an inboard atomic-4? I have an Ariel (hull 162). Do you know which hull you've got? This is a great message board with a lot of information about ariel/ commanders. Just use the seach to find stuff about your boat.

TP

Currently, 273 is on the North end of Lake Lanier, at the Scout camp (they're offering us free dock space, who are we to say no? ). She doesn't have the Atomic-4, but she does have a 1999 Honda 4-stroke in the lazarette.

We're hoping to find a tandem-axel (or perhaps triple-axel) trailer that we can modify to use for taking her down to Savannah or Jacksonville for launching occasionally.

I can't really go into details on the price, sorry.

I'm originally from Jacksonville and that sounds like a great trip. Mariel (hull 162) is in Mobile. I've started to think about a trailer so that I could work on her here in Opelika and could get her to Jacksonville for next years superbowl. My problem is that I got such a great deal on the boat that a trailer would cost much more than I paid for the boat.

A bit of pretzel logic, don't you think?

TP

+ Reply to Thread