+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sailing an Ariel to Hawaii and back

unkown hull number--cali-reg cf7229cb

no I dont remember it.It was purchased from the broker by a guy with the last name of Anderson I recall.he may have shipped it to texas,however it was last seen by me in morro bay california.the reg numbers---cf7229cb.he did paint the hull white.but the mast was still black and white.it probably still has the teltale parrallel forestays---that would be a giveaway.no reason to undo that.---that was an added plus.

the full story

How does one get a copy of the unbridged version of the Starcrest saga?
    To error is human
    To Sail is divine... Book of French

Thumbs up I cant wait to read it my self

I am interested in reading what I had to say....

Eric, Many thanks for the excellent read! Those Ariels (and you skippers) are amazing.

I am a little curious about the outboard problems? I've always been an OMC user, and seldom had any problems with Johnson/Evinrude. I was awfully impressed with the sailors using a Mercury ob while sailing from Chicago>Panama>San Francisco - never a problem.

Exclamation basically just lack of maintainence

I really dont know what the problem was.as far as I am concerned outboards are like this----usem' once and throwem' away.also there is safety in numbers.the next time I do sumpin' like dat I will have more than one bran' spankinnu outboard well maintained

Post Eric Sails Over The Horizon

Stu Davidson, Eric Davidson’s father, sent us the following message:

My son Eric Davidson passed today, March 26, 2007. He was very active on your web site and had sailed several times from Ventura, CA to the big Island, Hawaii. Eric was several days from turning 39 years old.

Eric was a quiet person. He was very modest, hated to be center of attraction and although he did not like to admit to the fact, he was a person that was comfortable to be alone with himself, with his thoughts, always planning, thinking. I can remember this when he was a child always pruning his hair thinking in deep thought. Eric, was single, never married, had interesting women, but no children. When his brother Evan passed, Eric wanted to have this saying inscribed on Evan’s grave: "We will all miss him until we are with him."

Eric was a radiology technician and died of thyroid cancer.
    Last edited by Bill; 03-28-2007 at 04:47 PM.

Sad news

THis is sad news! Is there an address to send cards?
    To error is human
    To Sail is divine... Book of French

Our loss.

Fair winds, Eric! I'm glad to have known you, and the world is a little different for me, knowing that you aren't out there, somewhere, having a big time. I'll miss ya, bud. I'll think of you sometimes when I am at sea, and make a toast to a friend who'd been there before me. Peace.

Mr. Davidson - my heartfelt condolences to you and your family. Your son was his own man, and that is a rare thing; he is one of those people who we all will miss. Y'all will be in my prayers.
    Kurt - Ariel #422 Katie Marie
    --------------------------------------------------
    sailFar.net
    Small boats, long distances...

Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    THis is sad news! Is there an address to send cards?
    STU DAVIDSON
    58 RELAXED CIRCLE
    HYPOLUXO FLA. 33462

Asst. Vice Commodore, NorthEast Fleet, Commander Division (Ret.) Brightwaters, N.Y.
    Deepest sympathies. I wish there were words that could help fill the place in your heart.

"Weep not for him, he rides the sea tonite.....His compass trembling toward the North Star's light."

Godspeed Eric

Thanks Eric,

Shortly after I got my Ariel, I was reading everything on the internet I could find about them.

I came across a post on a sailnet forum by a guy who was claiming to have sailed his to Hawaii, and asked him to come here and share some of the details.

Eirc's generosity in taking the time to write up accounts of his trips on the fourm here, and for the newsletter helped inspire me to plan to cruise in our Ariel, rather then getting something 'bigger'.

I really appreciate the attitude he shared, and the information. I wish his family well, and my condolences go out to them. I am sorry that Eric has passed, but thankful that we got to know something of him and his adventures.

He will be missed.

s/v 'Faith'

1964 Ariel #226
    Link to our travels on Sailfar.net

Sadness

Eric had sent me a lot of knowledge gained from his travels and a boat load of tips to prep Sirocco for her trip to the South Pacific. Hell of a gracious and totally unselfish guy.
    Joe

hi, I am Eric's father, and thank you for your kind words. His passion was the sea,sky and earth.
    HE ENJOYED LIFE TO THE FULLEST Eric walked to a different drummer. HIS BEAT WAS FAST AND HE FEARED NOTHING. ERIC'S SECOND PASSION WAS SKYDIVING. HE LOGGED ABOUT A 1000 JUMPS,THEIR WERE OCCASIONS, HE HAD TO PULL HIS RESERVE. HE ALWAYS PACKED HIS OWN CHUTE.

MY E-MAIL ADDRESS studavidson2002 [at] aol dot com
    Last edited by Bill; 03-29-2007 at 04:01 PM.

Smile

Dear friends,

My son Eric was going to reach his 49th birthday, april 7.

Thank you for your kind wishes.

I have been reading his adventure, and INDEED as helped me sooth the grief of

Eric's passing

Thank you for the E-Mails..

best regards.

Stu

+ Reply to Thread