+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Esperanza moves to OKC

Esperanza moves to OKC

Here's an update on Esperanza aka Sirocco (A-205), she's moving to Oklahoma City from the Tulsa area. The three hour drive made it difficult to enjoy her as we want. We have made the most of this beautiful old boat. EBB it turns out the fused vertebra in the neck really don't get in the way of sailing. We spent a lot of our time in Spring seeing to some neglected maintenance. I'm afraid that she was ignored a bit after Jon sold her a few years ago. Here's a picture of A338's hatch boards, they look good and serve well.

While we have the mast down for moving we are replacing the spreader castings, one was cracked and broken and the other had been welded back together. And I've replaced the wooden mast step with an aluminum made to the dimensions found in the Ariel manual. New lights on the mast, fresh bottom paint along with a bit of polish and wax round out the project.

We are eager to get her back in the water.

Name:  hatch board refinish.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  99.5 KBName:  old mast step top.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  142.2 KBName:  mast step top.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  89.1 KB[ATTACH]undefined[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images  

Great looking Mast Step!

Great photos and updates! Would you be able to provide the dimensions for the mast step or a pointer toward an online version of the Ariel Manual- Many Thanks, Chris

Chris the mast step has an 8 inch outside diameter. The aft end of the step is 13/16 inch thick and it tapers to 1 inch thick on the forward end. The side that sits on top of the cabin roof (v-birth) has a 64 inch radius to match the roof. A 4 inch by 1.125 inch slot is centrally located and two 11/32 diameter holes are counter sunk .25 inches deep. The holes are centered and straddle the perpendicular center by 1.5 inched.

I hope this helps, but I really recommend buying the manual from the Ariel Association. It's full of great information,

Grady

+ Reply to Thread