+ Reply to Thread

Thread: pics of # 283

cfm563 Guest

pics of # 283

sorry it took so long. Here are some pics. The interior is so much brighter now after the repaint. She sails great too! We sailed her from Alameda to Vallejo on Sunday and Monday. Spending the night at Treasure Island Marina Sunday night. Nice weather and a great sail!
    Attached Images          

Looking good! Questions and requests...

In pic #2, is that a folding cabin table I see? If so, is it permanently affixed to the sole, or removeable? Does it get in the way? Any pics of it set up?

Any pics of the interior, assembled and shiny post-painting?

Was the strongback reinforcing plate already in there when you got her? Is it SS or aluminum?

The grab rails just below the windows, interesting placement, something to consider, haven't seen it done like that before (pic #3). Are the wooden strips above a backing piece for the handrail bolts, or something else?

Last, also in pic #2, it looks like the starboard ceiling (interior hull side) has either a covering on it, or maybe some sort of cabinetry built there. Or am I just seeing things (or not) on this crummy laptop screen?

I love how the Ariel sails, too. Katie Marie has folks in Winyah Bay talking and noticing. Alberg's legacy lives on...

PS - Congrats on the new-to-you boat!
    Kurt - Ariel #422 Katie Marie
    --------------------------------------------------
    sailFar.net
    Small boats, long distances...

cfm563 Guest
    Hi Kurt. Sorry it took so long to reply. Yes, I have more pictures to post. Interior is completed. Will post them shortly. The table is foldable and removeable. It is screwed to the floorboards. I will post some pics of it. It came with the boat. Doing some research, I think this was an option. Not sure. Yes, there is cabinetry along both starboard and port berths. Very useful and actually quite functional. Yes, those strips are backing plates for the handrails on the cabin top. The previous owner was quite the woodworker, so there are lots of little touches such as a built in cutllery/dishware organizer along the starboard side of the galley.
    As for the interior handrails, the jury is still out on those. They seem to work well under way, but I have banged my head on it a few times while getting up from the side berths!
    I have seen pics of Katie Marie, she is very nice! As a matter of fact, when I first joined, your pics/stories of Katie Marie were the ones I read the most. I like your idea of the screens. Will post pics ASAP.

Martin, congrats again! She's looking great. I'll second Kurt's request - more pictures please...
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

+ Reply to Thread