+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking to buy an Ariel in WI, IL, or MI...

Looking to buy an Ariel in WI, IL, or MI...

Ahoy sailors!
    My name is Will and I'm a Rhodes 19 sailor. I'm looking to buy an Ariel or Commander. I'm absolutely in love with these Alberg designed boats! I feel the interior of the Ariel a better fit for me. On weekends that I'd be living on the boat, and if weather is poor, I'd like to play cards with friends and entertain a bit. What information can you lucky Pearson sailors give about the boat? What issues should I watch out for? I will be viewing a Commander in May. It's completely wrapped up now for winter. If any of you hear of or know of an Ariel for sale near me, please let me know. If you can provide guidance as to what to watch out for, that would be fantastic! One question...how do you feel deck integrity is? I know it's cored but are older boats pretty tough and recoring not common? Thank you all so much in advance. I hope very soon, I'll be a part of your Pearson family. Cheers! -Will

Searching on "deck core" or similar words should give you plenty of instruction on this subject. Read the sticky in this forum on searching using Google.

Great! Thanks Bill.

SailboatListings shows Ariels in MN and Toronto, but that's all I see around these parts. There is a 27' Pearson Renegade for sale (x several years) at Torresen's (Torresen.com) in West Michigan where Lucky Dawg lives. Good luck in your search.

Hi Kyle!
    Thank you kindly for your note. I did see the MN Ariel. Unfortunately I can't afford that one. Their asking 9K. I have an eye on a Commander in Milwaukee which is an hour north of me. What are your thoughts on that and using it as a weekender/cruiser? -Cheers! Will

Well, playing cards below decks in the rain...? Not something I'd envision on LD. Pretty tight. I like the Commander because it emphasizes cockpit space over cabin. I spend less than 1% of my time below. My kids hang out down there, but... Sounds to me like you'd like a cabin and some space. I'm sure there are some owners here who'd disagree or who use the Commander for weekending. Just not me.

Ahh. Ok. Good to know. Very true about how much time is spent in the cockpit. I've not seen the interior as of yet of a Commander. Not many photos of that are on line. Carl Alberg had the Commander so if he enjoyed it, I'm sure I will. Anything right now has more room then my Rhodes 19! Lol. Thanks Kyle. Enjoy your beautiful boat! -Will

+ Reply to Thread