http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1966-...QQcmdZViewItem

Draft 8 feet!! I'm no Ariel expert but that may be a typo

Taken from the auction:

__________________________________________________ ______________
Up for this auction is my 1966 Pearson Ariel 26' Sailboat Cruiser that is currently stored on land at Canal Street Marina & Yacht Yard in Chicago Downtown. Unfortunately, there's no trailer included. What comes with a boat is: Anchor (excellent condition), 2 mainsails (one good & one fair), spinnaker, jib (good), genoa (very good) and a 9 hp outboard engine (good, running). No compass included.

I hold a title and I can provide a buyer with a bill of sale.

Condition:
The condition of the boat is good including 2 sails (included). The deck is solid. There are no leaks. The sails, winches, and standing riggin is in good condition. Inside, floors and walls are recently painted as you can see on the photos.

Specs:
- The draft is 8 feet
- The headroom is 6 feet 2 inches
- Bridge Clearance : 35 feet

About the Ariel
The Ariel was designed by reknowned naval architect Carl Alberg in 1961 for Pearson Yachts of Bristol, Rhode Island. This followed on the heels of the huge success of the Alberg-designed Triton, which launched Pearson in the fiberglass sailboat business. The Triton was so popular it was decided to produce a somewhat smaller version with most of the same amenities. Alberg rose to the challenge and thus the Pearson Ariel was born. Although the model was only produced from 1962 to 1967 (for a total of over 400 boats) the Ariel continues to have a devoted following to this day with active racing and cruising enthusiasts alike. With her shoal-draft capability, stiffness in heavier air and surprising space belowdecks the Ariel adds up to what some would call the perfect definition of a pocket cruiser.
__________________________________________________ _____________