+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Ariel 322 (at last)

yep, you got it right, I was not sure what to call them.

A338 has holes near the toe rail in the low point of the deck on both sides.
    Inside there are short angled shunt tubes from the hole to the hull where half round tubes
    go down to the bootstripe and exit. All built-in fiberglass.

It is a small closed system that does not allow water to enter the boat.
    May want to make sure the shunts are glassed in well so that they won't leak.

Is it possible that a DFO tried to drill an exit hole up where the tubes touch the hull? This is not a good idea as deck water would stain the topsides.
    Last edited by ebb; 05-19-2009 at 01:45 PM.

Ok, those posts clarify it, mine doesn't have them, I have two small scuppers that drain through rubber hoses into the drains for the seat hatches, then into the cockpit itself. What can't make it through the scuppers goes through a cutdown 'spout' aft on each side.

Think I like the larger tube idea better.

Ken.

The earlier boats had the "hole & hose" arrangement. Sometime later, Pearson improved things by going to the "hole and tube" setup.

Whohooo, got my new 6hp 4 stroke tahatsu sail pro

Nice looking motor. Look forward to hearing your opinions on it.

Hope you don't take it wrong, but I'm glad mine is an outboard model!

Ken.

Bumping my very old thread because I need your help. I sold my Ariel over a decade ago, but it seems she has fallen on hard times since I had her. I recently found her on craigslist as a free boat in disrepair. The add mentions scrapping her. I would really hate for this to happen, I lived aboard for a summer and at the time my dream was to sail the world in her. It really kills me to think of my d boat being cut up. I am not in a place to save her, but maybe someone here can? I have attached a link to the Craigslist add and I will reach out to her current owner saying I have posted this. She was a good boat and does not deserve this fate. Thank you guys and happy sailing. https://nh.craigslist.org/boa/d/alto...457631123.html

The CL listing has been deleted. What happened? Let's hope she found a home!!! No Ariel should ever be scrapped, they're the prettiest of all Carl's wonderful designs... My girl Katie has, in her time with me, sat in slips right next to Tritons, an A-30 or 2, a A-35, and even Cape Dorys, and her lines edged them all out.
    Last edited by epiphany; 04-29-2022 at 01:31 PM.
    Kurt - Ariel #422 Katie Marie
    --------------------------------------------------
    sailFar.net
    Small boats, long distances...

+ Reply to Thread