I was looking at a Harbor 20 that has a swing out electric motor (trolling motor) that hides in the aft lazerette. Its a nice set up that needs no hole in the bottom of the boat and of course is only for light or no wind as it doesn't have much thrust. You can google Harbor 20 images and see a pic of the set up. I have never been very fond of gasoline on any boat and was thinking of engineering (southern engineering) something similar on my Ariel. Sounds like the outboards tend to leave the boat a little heavy on the stearn. Haven't heard much about the torquedo electric motors but they are a little stronger than the typical trolling motor. Anybody think that sounds crazy? If I had an inboard I would certainly consider the electric conversion
P.S. Bills job must be a pretty tough and thankless job as he has to keep up with all the new comers like me from just blabbing and posting away, so I just want to take my hat off for all the hard work he does. It takes a very vigilant person to keep up with all that. Thanks to Bill I'm already a little better about looking through the old wisdom on here.