+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pearson 26 For Sale

Pearson 26 For Sale

I bought a 1975 Pearson 26 for my brother-in-law who wanted one, he has been too busy to come down and get things going.He has never seen the boat. I don't need another boat, or so she-who-must-be-obeyed says. The boat needs some work, has good recent bottom paint. This is a very comfortable boat, more room and better insulated than my Commander or the Ariel.Was sailed here when I bought it four months ago. I would keep this boat myself but I have too much work and money in my Commander. It has a 22 gal water tank with sink, head and holding tank. main sail is in good condition - needs two slides replaced, havn't unfurled foresail- Seafurl needs bearings(frozen), cockpit deck is soft and I have replacement spreader and base for missing ones. Fin keel bolts are not corroded and rudder is good. Boat is in the water $1,600 takes it. This is a very easy boat to work on, could be put right in no time. Will post pictures soon as I can. It is in the water at Nautical Boats here in Portsmouth Virginia. Dog gone it I feel like a used car salesman, where is my stripped coat and poka-dot tie.

Well, it's not really an Alberg design, but I guess we can accept it . . .

The tried and true traditional design (circa 19 c.inspired) of our Commanders and Ariels is what I like best and the fact that they are very seaworthy. I would hate to think what it would cost buy a new boat on todays market like ours. When I removed the through hulls the fiberglass was almost 3" thick near the keel, and good as new. Except for the use of balsawood, which I don't understand at all, unless it was to save weight our boats with little modification here and there are perfectly safe, comfortable and wonderful to sail. The Pearson 26 is also very well built and may even be a little faster in light winds. I think that most of the "classic" and some of the not-so classic used fiberglass sailboats one see's here and there are real deals compared to the new boats and thier huge price tags. If someone encluding myself dings the boat or I run aground I'm not going to have a heart attack about it. The ol' boat can take more than I can do to it and will in all probability be sailed and enjoyed by some Viking want-to-be when I'm gone on to Vallhala.

+ Reply to Thread