I just spent my Memorial Day holiday weekend cleaning out the former owner's mess on my Ariel (soon to be named "Althea") that I purchased early in February. Since the boat is in Maryland and I am in Buffalo, this was the first time I've visited since the original purchase.

I mainly did a lot of cleaning, tried to identify potential problems, and started the obligatory "to do" list. I took lots of photos, some of which I will post after I get them loaded onto my computer.

HULL NUMBER STILL UNKNOWN:
Unfortunately, there is no sign of a hull number anywhere on the boat...not on the aft cockpit bulkhead...not on the outboard motor access cover...not on the mainsail (the sail is relatively new)...not on the transom...nor anywhere else I thought to look. So, I am working to find previous owners of the boat in my quest to unearth this information. The Maryland Department of Natural Resources will be researching their records for me...and I found a couple of names onboard the boat that I will try to contact. Once I get more of a history compiled, I will share it with you on the off chance that any of you may be able to help.

She's a great old boat and I can't wait to get back to her.

-Richard