Thread: Exterior Wood Finishes

Threaded View

Epifanes is great varnish, but it is a system. You have to buy all the parts. GOTCHA. Checkout a very nicely presented Q & A page on their site, has a lot of specific and general info on the art of varnishing.

Just went past a new marine cataloger site who exclusively stocked System Three products. System Three has specialized for a decade in products less toxic. IE safer, better to breathe and be around. Aimed at the DIY and the amateur. Which is absolutely the ethecal way of marketing potentially dangerous material. Waterbourne epoxies and LPU. I think they're gaining on those who have convinced us that toxic solvents are the holy grail of a 'professional finish.' This is not to imply that Epiphane's varnish thinner is ugly - can't find an MSDS on the net. But it is to point out that System Three's varnish is thinned with plain ole mineral spirits.

Wish I'ld gotten into their stuff. I would recomend someone take a look at their products and in the forums befor copping out to the campball-soup stuff at yer local 9/11..oh sorry, 7/11 Marine.
    Last edited by ebb; 01-21-2005 at 11:30 AM.