+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Winch Handles--Ariel #39

Hybrid View

Twinsburg, Ohio. Boat docked in Vermilion, Ohio
    Al,

I have no idea what a fair price is. I bid $40.00 (and lost) on the handle pictured in this thread. I need the pictured handle and a smaller one for the halyard winch.

Jerry

Handles

I lost my #2 winch handle last week. I believe the winches and handles are original equipment--not chrome plated, but plain bronze. The handle had an ivory-colored plastic grip. Any recent news on possible replacements would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravey
    I lost my #2 winch handle last week. I believe the winches and handles are original equipment--not chrome plated, but plain bronze. The handle had an ivory-colored plastic grip. Any recent news on possible replacements would be appreciated.
    Local marine flea markets seem to always have several of the old winch handles. At least around here (SF Bay). There's a flea market coming up on Sept 9, put on by our yacht club. They do it again in April. Several other yc's also hold them throughout the year. Check your area for possibilities.

I have fully operative bronze South Coast #2 winches and winch handles. If that is what you are looking for, let me know.

Winch Handles

Theis,
    If you have a #2 winch handle for sale, I would be very interested in making a deal with with you.

I'm also looking for spares for #1 and #2 after two close shaves this season. Nautical flea markets in the Baltimore area have turned up nothing. I missed the auction on E-Bay. Bill, I'd be willing to compensate someone in the S. F. area if they really do show up there fairly often. Put me in touch with someone by private e-mail if you'd like.

skipperjer

If you strike out on the west coast, recommend you contact Sam @ wickford marine consigment 401-295-9709. When I was there last week I saw a whole pile of flat style winch handles. If you call with the dimensions & depth of the slot he may have a match...

http://www.marineconsignment.com/

cheers,
    bill@ariel231

+ Reply to Thread