Thread: Fruits Of My Labor (A-113)

Threaded View

I've tried to post updates but post submissions keep giving me the "you are not logged in" message even though I'm showing up on the top of the page. Let's see if four's a charm..

We have been working on the project list at nights slowly but relatively steady. Life has been getting in the way - I'm not entirely comfortable with the statement for some reason.. One week ago today we put in our notice of resignation and agreed to stay on for four weeks to help them transition our positions. That is a turning point! I've never been without a job in my adult life. We dropped the sails off at Sail Crafters to get a second reef point added to the main and a UV cover put on the headsail. We added four partitions to the bilge to section it off into 3 storage areas and to isolate the electric bilge pumps and the strum box for the manual pump. That allowed us to get the new cabin sole glued down. I really wanted a masterpiece like Aussie Geoff's but will settle for paint and non-skid. Maybe I'll get the Oriental rug I've always wanted. I started working on the starboard settee with its integrated battery box and then later read an article about battery orientation on a boat and how it affects battery health and life.* So I spent the next night cutting out my handiwork and trying to come up with plan B. On the up side, we did get a heck of a deal from a coworker on a small portable generator. That allowed us to drop our battery bank from four T-105s down to just two. We can carry the generator and 75 pounds of gas for the same weight as the two additional batteries. I'm ok with that being out only source of power is two 55 watt solar panels. If this post works I'll be motivated to try posting again.. fingers crossed.

* http://www.pbase.com/mainecruising/f...ry_orientation
    Last edited by Tony G; 12-18-2015 at 07:46 AM. Reason: added link
    My home has a keel.