Thread: Commander #38

Threaded View

strippers

Soy-Gel
    is not Citrus. The citrus requires a moonsuit and usual protective paraphernalia.

Soy-gel you can work in your bathing suit. NON - TOXIC. I wouldn't eat it, though!

Just thinking, can't imagine grinding the paint off on the underside of the forepeak,
    but, if you can reach in there with a very wet roller and lay on an 1/8" coat...
    a 4" bristle brush might be easier...
    then slap on some seranwrap (slows evaporation and creates surface tension)
    Come back later (accounts vary and have to take into account the age of the paint),
    and pull the plastic into a pail. And then I imagine, paper towels could be used to
    grab & scoop the gel. Then a sponge/scotchbrite pad to clean the surface with water.
    Well, of course, I can see using a Tyvek suit with a hood to keep yer hair parted...

Viewing video: the Soy-Gel, after it has done its magic, seems to reduce the paint to
    gel, or a very similar material. making it simple to scoop/wipe the wet stuff away. imco

That seems fairly easy, and if the stuff works as seen, a safe and sane way to remove
    paint. I'm sure there's a learning curve... as you see on the amazon comments for this
    product, there are a few cretans who don't get it. But there are others who recogonize
    what a godsend this stripper really is! ...If it is as they say. I'm a week out.
    Nobody local carries this stuff.
    Last edited by ebb; 09-21-2015 at 10:54 AM.