Thread: New Generation Anchor

Threaded View

Talking YBW Rocna thread censored

"21-10-11/17:12
    Natalie Davies - Administrator
    sticky Rocna thread pulled

I have suspended the thread entitled
    'Rocna Anchors acquired by Canada Metal Pacific'
    while we consult our legal advisor on the implications of some of the posts.

While we are investigating this issue please refrain from
    starting any new threads on Rocna Anchors.
    Thanks
    Natalie Davies
    YBW Editor"
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    That is a quote from the Brit Yachting Monthly site.
    (and this is my opinion)
    Imco opinions by posters who use anchors on their boats have every right to post those opinions, whether they be anonymous or business owners who are not advertisng their services on the public thread.
    For the most part nearly all of the negative comments by individuals are intelligent, thoughtful, honest and not subjectively inflamatory. They are however commenting on and revealing what appears to be a shocking on-going long-term deception by a commercial anchor maker. And they shake their verbal fingers. So what's legal here?
    The guy with the goods, the guy who says he has all the paper proof from day one for the Mocna deception,
    warned forum readers that these revelations would become more surprising than we could imagine.
    I would guess that any legal concerns by the magazine rests on this.
    But imco since all the posts are in fact opinion, then what we have here is the marine industry stepping in to control a situation that to them has gotten out of hand.
    I would guess some Yachting Monthly advertisers are having a big problem with Mocna's public freefall.
    It could happen to them.
    And in the public arena they have no control.
    Good god we could have a revolution here!!!
    NO gathering in the streets - OR in pubs - OR the marinas!

I'm guessing that The YBW as a private commercial enterprise that hosts a forum for subscribers have gotten a bunch of emails and phone calls from concerned advertisers.
    We can guess who.
    It'll be instructive how they handle this from here on in. But the thread is censored/gone.
    They also have a public image to uphold with their subscribers, let alone their advertisers.
    And it could be worse than I, as an observor, can imagine.

There is a lot at stake here.
    The people in charge no doubt want desparately to put the fire out.
    They want to put the situation into their own words. For that they want control. Smoke and mirrors.
    Anyone can understand that.
    But censorship on the www is a very sharp double-edged sword.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________
    EDIT. Sometimes revolutions become one liners - check out:
    Anchors away then (4 pages)

same address.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________
    Another refrain titled:
    Open note to RocnaOne (4 pages)

After some bickering, on the last page, one entry by Grant King announcing he is taking Rocna to court in NZ next month! Not sure who or what kind of suit? Like HECATE, goddess of the crossroads, it's a three-headed monster. One bent body, 3 heads.
    [[later EDIT] on page 5 above, GKing has a newer post where it is evident that he was accused of wrong doing concerning money by BamburyHoldFast, so he's taking him/them to court to clear his name. In that process maybe a timeline will appear that will reveal the truth about who knew what, and did what, and when. The why always turns out to be greed.] From the nature of the lawsuit it may turnout that spec changes to the Rocna are not illegal. But certainly UNETHICAL.

Interesting,
    believe I read that SteveBambury/HoldFast was hired on as an ADVISOR at CMP ! ! ! Could not possibly be true?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________
    Ethics vs Morality.
    Used morality/morals here myself interchangably with ethics, because morality is more commonly used everyday.
    Ethics are universal long standing principles concerning right and wrong.
    Morals/morality are short term subjective values that support good and bad/evil.
    Personal, simplistic short version of this is that ethics is what business wrestles with in public
    and morality is what religion requires subjects to support. The borders separating the two are overlapping and blurred.
    The Rocna drama is absolutely in the realm of right vs wrong. There is no sin in being wrong.
    There is no equivocation in wrong. There is nothing personal or subjective in being wrong.
    The squirming of the main characters in this drama and their reps is because they want us to see their wrong doing in a subjective light where it can be heated up and argued about and disintegrated into name calling and so forth. By contrast most of the posters are aware of the distinction and are quick to point out that the main characters seem unable to restrain themselves.
    ROCNA DID WRONG. The record is emerging. This is about how business is conducted.
    Last edited by ebb; 10-28-2011 at 11:17 AM.