Thread: Hoppe Regatta 2009

Threaded View

Smile A great regatta to top off a great weekend!

This was altogether an outstanding sailing weekend!

The highlight was definitely the Hoppe regatta on Saturday. It was a bunch of fun and look forward to participating again! It is not often that we get to sail with fellow A/Cs

Many congratulations to the able skipper and skillful crew (certainly bucaneers in a former life!) of the fine sailing vessel 'Portugal Princess' on a well deserved victory!! - I look forward to sailing with Michael & crew out on the Bay again. Going opposite directions made it interesting, but It would have been fun to sail boat-on-boat. - Well, we'll have to do that next time!

And many thanks to the race committee for a great event. I enjoyed both the race AND the gathering / beer / dinner with every one afterwards - It was great to meet other Ariel / Commander skippers, sailors, and crew.

The weather was beautiful all weekend and the winds just like those that the SF bay is famous for... (- the exeption was a few lacking puffs at critical moments! - but I'll expand on this on the play-by-play soon on this page...).

Thanks again for a great event and I am already looking forward to next year!

PS. I started the day off from the Berkeley Marina and could not help noticing at least TWO Commanders & TWO Ariels tied up at the docks. And this is just on the two docks within 'earshot' of my guest slip... I think Michael mentioned a couple of Pearsons at his Marina...

- If you are the skipper of one of these boats you should get out there!
    Last edited by Rico; 06-15-2009 at 09:29 PM.