+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sf Bay 2008 Hoppe Regatta & Gathering

Hybrid View

Only two weeks remaining before the start of the awesome Hoppe Memorial Regatta around Angel Island on San Francisco Bay.

This fun race offers skippers a great opportunity to sail alongside other Ariel - Commander yachts, and to compare boat performance, sailing tactics and gear.

And remember, the winning skipper takes home a bottle of champaign courtesy of Race Committee stalwarts, Kent & Claudia Smith.

Let us know if you will be joining the race and if you will gather with the race committee at the Encinal or Oakland yacht club after the race. If you plan to sail in and spend the night, we need to make arrangements with the clubs to expect you.

rphelon at juno dot com

I hope there is some interest in this event. I have been asked to sail on the great yacht Maika'i (aka ol' yeller) by her caretaker Mr. Bill Phelon, and I would sure like to see some other boats out there to sail with.

If you are planning on going how about sharing a little insight on which way you think you might go around the island.

Look forward to seeing your boats and meeting the skippers.....ed

+ Reply to Thread