Thread: Tools that work & Etc.

Threaded View

Dremel tool carbide grit bits

On the rudder discussion thread we talked a bit about the usefulness of Dremel type tools. Often used for model work they are necessary when small details and close up work must be done.

Here is a source for tungsten carbide 1/8" shank wheels and burrs of many shapes. The wheels can be used for cutting and shaping composites, laminates, fiberglass and of course wood. The source also has carbide sleeve drums for the 1/2" rubber arbor that I've not seen before.

When you go to the home page of the Duragrit site you'll find a video showing the tools being used. A Dremel-type tool adds a lot of versatility to tackling picky on board projects and please-fix-this stuff around the house. Here there is a variety of carbide grit bits I haven't seen before. Prices are perhaps better too, I've paid $16, maybe more, for the combo cutting/shaping 1 1/4" wheel at the local hardware* - here they are $12 + S&H.
    {It occurs to me that this price may be in Canadian dollars???}

I haven't used this source yet, it just came from a friend. Looks promising.

http://duragrit.com/us/index.html
    They are a Canadian company. There is a telephone to call. Maybe they will do a debit card. I won't type any bank numbers into the computer.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _
    * no longer available from Dremel
    Last edited by ebb; 05-02-2008 at 07:28 AM.