+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ariel #24

Hybrid View

Here's a nibble of what I'll also be doing to the boat this weekend...

Squats

Can't a tendency to squat be countered by balancing with weight and ballast? For instance if you have 100# way out at the stern why not try a similar weight in or near the forepeak? Certainly would counter any hobby horsing....?

Sounds good, but I liken this game to leveling a chair by shaving a little off one of the legs.

I plan to remove the cabin sole this winter and epoxy/glass over the porous roving so hastily thrown in by Pearson. I will also be removing a section in the V-berth sole similar to what Bill(231) did for access there. I want a smooth transition from bow to sump for water to flow and mght try some creative drain/pipe thing for water from the anchor locker to flow. I like Ebb's pipe idea, although I don't think mine will be that elaborate. The entire bilge will be faired and painted as well and I want access to the entire bilge so I might change the access panels when I put the new sole in. I think by adding weight, it would complicate my plan because I wouls want it removable, but don't want free pieces of lead able to scoot around. A-24's on a diet, I just assume keep the weight out.
    Last edited by Tim Mertinooke; 05-23-2007 at 04:04 PM.

Interior Cont.

Here is the second coat (the door got its first today though.) I'm thinking one more coat tomorrow like they recommend and then I'll start painting the sides which is a puke yellow. Yellow...Yellow...Yellow...I can't wait until the whole boat is de-yellowed.

My yacht lamps came in yesterday and I can't wait to throw them on once painting is complete. What a difference a coat of paint makes. Slowly but surely!

Interior cont.

The indoctrination continues...

Tim

you are going to like those lights, I've got the same model in the main cabin in A-231. They've held up well for 8 seasons with no corrosion (unlike an earlier pair that lasted just two). Are you putting any lights in the "galley" side?

bill

More lights...

There is a dome light there, but I haven't decided if I will replace that one or add something different. I plan on working that detail out this summer once I actually use the boat. Glad to hear the lights held up that well, they sure do look great. I am going to add two more in the v-berth, but I decided to leave the v-berth alone for now because I am going to do a marathon session in the future (winter maybe?) grinding and fairing there. One thing and section of the boat at a time. I'm 31, but I wish I was retired so I could wake up in the morning and ask myself "what part of the boat will I work on today", not "I wonder if I will be able to work on the boat today?" Too few hours in a day and its really too bad we humans need to sleep...think of the possibilities...

+ Reply to Thread