Yur crystal ball seems to be working well tonight Ebb.

But sitting here it looks like not enuf thickened epoxy(?) was used in the recore.
What I intended to include but did not was that the epoxy that I can see on the edges of the voids does not appear to have much kind of thickening in it (pretty hard). Ironic, when I had asked Mike if he had misspoken when he talked about using thickened epoxy for this earlier in this thread (several months ago). Little did I know the question had so much to do with the repair the prior owner had done on my boat!

Anyway.... Yes. I will dry the foam core that I have exposed by removing the old skin, and cover it with several layers of mat. That is what I did on the Starboard side, and was able to match the deck pretty darn close (I can't see a difference).

The skin was not very thick (neither what I pulled off of the prior 'repair' or what I removed from the other side). Maybe an eighth at best, probably less then that. I used several layers of mat, and left the surrounding glass slightly proud. I then used a mix of west 405 and 407 filler thickened epoxy (still using up that darn west I bought for such a bargain way back when)....

I am gonna take the bow pulput off and re-bed it while I am at this... hope I don't find any more soft stuff..... I really would like to get the project list down into the low 30's