[size=4]Having just spent the better part of the afternoon, and evening reading the excellent log of this journey I have a couple thoughts.[/size]
[size=4][/size]
[size=4]The fact they made it is quite a testimony to the crew, and to the 40year old boat they sailed.[/size]
[size=4][/size]
[size=4] There was little (no?) mention of any 'off shore' mods done to the boat, yet it endured everything short of a hurricane with no serious failures other then the steering casualty (and that not a catastrpophic failure).[/size]
[size=4][/size]
[size=4][/size]
[size=4]"Faith faired well, as she always does in seas of this type. Technically, the event was a knock-down: her mast went over on its side so far that the starboard spreader (the crossbar a little more than halfway up the pole) was dipped in the brine while the starboard combing (to which Eric still clung to the forward portion) allowed copious amounts of water to spill over. With two thousand pounds of lead in her full keel, the little Pearson Commander is designed to pop right back out of the water when this happens and that is just what she did. Within the space of three seconds from total prostration Faith had righted herself and was back on course. Man, I love this boat!"[/size]
[size=4][/size]
[size=4] The log was so well written, what a wonderful gift! To have shared the voyage, bringing us along.[/size]
[size=4][/size]
[size=4] As I formulate my plans, and endure the sideways glances of those who believe they 'know better' I am inspired.[/size]
[size=4][/size]
[size=4]Lord willing, I hope to share the adventures of the (Ariel) Faith, till then[/size]
[size=4][/size]
[size=4]Thank you Captain Sean, and the bold crew of the (Commander) Faith......[/size]

[size=3] [/size]