Thread: New Generation Anchor

Threaded View

W h a a a l ,
    Just trying to get specific about this type.

I think I understand the scoop rather than plow concept - the roll bar rather than the weighted tip - the compact and improved delta blade less likely to foul because of the rollbar - the versitility of the anchor in diverse bottoms meaning fewer anchors/weight in the bow of a cruising Ariel.

There is very little feedback on the net. Much is based on cruisers saying how much they love their Bruce or their Bull or their CQR. Since 338 is not sailing yet, thought I'd ask. Get an update.

I done know, this is a danforth crowd, right?

Some designs are winners just because they look right. The Supreme will look comfortable in a roller on the bow, and it's got that convenient handle built right in.

Ahh, but I was once impressed with my imported 35# Scotts plow - until I saw it being pulled along on its side in a test - and then saw it pulled along creating a farmer's furrow never digging in. (Very interesting that Manson also makes a copy of the CQR and it is featured on their web site. They have a little movie of their best seller setting in the sand without a bit of fuss. Wonder why? Another point is that they only show the black-tails-and-tie Supreme in stainless steel, and no testimonials. Have to find out elewhere there is a galvanized version.)

Of course you can cook the tests, and some of the claims for this rollbar scoop are extreme and unproven, but
    ...had to start somewhere!

And just today got a a 25# Manson Supreme from a dealer in south Florida!
    Last edited by ebb; 02-09-2006 at 04:14 PM.