Thread: Original Pearson Hardware

Threaded View

Mike (#5) sez it:
    These forum has a great civility and humor and patience about it!
    I've tried a couple others, I think in an effort to get into MINUTA I'm addicted to, but leave soon after signing up.

In each case I had joined a forum that seemed to be run by a club of posters with attitudes (not everyone). The most frequent posters (im-posters?) had no uncommon knowledge at all, and just sat on the site like a murder of crows. Kind of OWNED it with caws of bs.

Pretty obvious enduring Ariel/Commanders attract a superior human family.
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________

Excting news about the small opening ports that I had the priviledge of taking apart on 338. They are precision jewels of beautifully proportioned aluminum art. Wonderful if they could be translated to bronze. They have many pieces and would be expensive. Might have a wider market than the Ariel because the alternatives are either plastic or clunky navy pattern stuff.

Be interesting to compare the bronze 231 deadlight pattern with the Ronstan. The aluminum lights 338 came with are imco much too light and flimsy. All of a sudden having possibly two patterns of bronze deadlights to choose from is pretty close to unbelievable.

The aluminum on the A/Cs lasted as long as it has because it was cast from the proper alloy (Almag). Have to watch these repros!
    Last edited by ebb; 01-10-2006 at 03:02 PM.