Thread: Deck Fittings, Rebedded

Threaded View

Thanks Dan, for the tip.

"harden, dryout, split and fail" - talking about the Poly sisters "cracking walnuts" - are words that fit my feelings about my ex years ago.

There is another product that I don't know has an application aboard a sailboat that goes in the construction trades by the name of *****ethane (aka bituthane). It's an asphalt based peel and stick flashing that comes in rolls also. Maybe 1/16" thick with probably a vinyl side, bendable and sort of formable. Used wherever waterproof seal is required over any seam from roof to foundation - sticks to any material including itself like Tom tape and seals any fastening (so they say, Grace Corp.) that pierces it like nails and screws. We have it being used on the estate here to cover entire exterior plywood walls that will have a stone face.

It's also meant to stay flexible forever at all temperatures. Amateurs hate it, it takes some finesse in handling. But it is the ultimate in applied waterproofing. I chuckle the way guys unconsciously refer to it, emphasizing the first syllable.

That Flyer is a step up in spacious, but I'll bet you'll miss the sturdy Ariel!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

I protest the starring out of the word above (*****) often used to describe the female dog. Rather stupid. Censorship like this emphasizes the offending word and actually has the opposite effect of drawing attention to the supposed bad word and making it more strong or illicit. Rediculous
    Last edited by ebb; 01-04-2006 at 10:32 AM.