Thread: 23' Kenner Kittiwake

Threaded View

Lightbulb 23' Kenner Kittiwake

This is a visual treat. All of you working on an Alberg know how difficult it is to create space below, even the illusion of space with the master's slack bilges and short waterlines. Well, here is a transformation of classic Alberg that is truly amazing.

There is a 23 foot (emphasize that!) Kittiwake for 12 grand on YachtWorld.com. What I do when I tour is hit The Boats For Sale bar up in the left top - when the menu appears I select 'used' and 'sail' - then type in 23' "to" 23' in the space provided. That's it - then "Submit" to open the lists. This way you get every 23' bote for sale in the states and europe. Travel down the pages as you wish, but get to page 7 (as it currently exists!) and look for the $12,000 Kenner Kittiwake. Click the Salon Aft and Salon Fwd photos......behold......!

You can't have ever seen a more lovely, well planned out remodel. It takes a lot for this old fart to say something like that. This is the best I've ever seen. The Kitiwake is tiny compared to the Ariel (But maybe it compares WELL to the Commander!)

The guy or gal who did this didn't miss a lick. It is genius, masterful, delightful, extraodinary. Check out what was done to the space. Check out the trim and the restraint in placing it. It's a tribute to Carl, and beyond compare.

You never run across remodels on YachtWorld. People sell their yachts as untouched to get the highest price. Character boats, woodies, custom, and one off are few and far but always worthy of a stop. What you see in this boat is truly out of the ordinary, it's a fluke that it is listed. Considering what $12,000 can buy these days, this Kitiwake is a bargain. Can you imagine arriving at this boat and pushing the hatch back and being greeted by this inviting cabin?
    Last edited by ebb; 10-27-2004 at 06:09 PM.