I've been giving much thought as to how to finish out the interior on board 113. After much thinking, looking, drawing (CAD impaired, I) we're pretty well nailed down as far as what goes where. Sure, there will be plenty of '$#!#-'never thought about that! going on, but largely we're headed in one direction. From this point it will be South and East!

With so much to learn I was looking for some input from others that have experience in two areas (today). I am humina-humina over caned door inserts on a teak or mahogany frame. But louvered doors may be quicker to produce and hold up to the unintentional abuse of a somewhat klutzy person like me. Do any of you Captians/wood workers/craftsmen-uh-persons have experience with installing cane or making louvers? I'm looking for good 'how to' advice or directions of where to look. Naturally I have perused Tim Lackey's site for the caning but he has a knack of making everything look simple. I have tons of teak and mahogany pieces, a relatively decent shop and tons less money so I'd prefer to 'make' rather than 'buy'. Oh yah, we're kinda short on time too so a class at the local trade school is out...

P.s. Work on 113 should resume May 22 THIS YEAR!!! After two long, grueling, demeaning years of boat abstinance.