Thread: Ariel #24

Threaded View

Tim, Bill, ebb,

I never "dug" into the floor of the outboard well, and was going to take a peek by drilling a couple of holes through which I could remove any wet foam. These posts seem to indicate that its about a 100% certaintly that there is water under the outboard well floor, and that there is a high probability that the bulkhead was tabbed quickly and without much attention to detail. So that means that I'll probably wind up demolishing the whole floor, sealing the bulkhead all the way around, as ebb recommends, and then deciding whether or not to put in another floor. And what was the point of the outboard well floor? Was it needed to allow the outboard well to have a self draining system (that hole). Am I on track here with what you guys are saying?

Also, can I do this with the boat in the water? Any risk of water coming up through the bottom with the floor removed (I can't see how unless the hull has a hole in it! But then me with a blunt instrument and a hammer in my hand so close to the hull laminate sounds like a disaster waiting to happen---- abandon ship!!! she's been holed!!! where's that Dutch Kid when you need him???).
    Last edited by Hull376; 04-19-2007 at 04:02 PM.
    Kent