Hello all, I am new to the board and in the market for an Ariel. Currently I own Ariels little cousin Cape Dory Typhoon Weekender that I would part with. I also own a Triad trailer made for my previous boat, Tanzer 22, which could haul an Ariel. Each axle is rated for 3000lbs and it has surge brakes.
I stumbled across an Ariel in the marina where I sometimes keep my boat(s) here in Buffalo, NY. At first I thought it was a Triton but it seemed too short so I did some research and found out about Ariels. I am trying to get hold of the owner of this one, it was last registered in 97 and its been sitting full of water through a few Buffalo winters. Hull has no blisters, deck seems to have no soft spots, dont know about cockpit as it was filled with water. In side is a mess but thats fixable. Rudder may need to be filled and covered with epoxy or replaced. I was told the owner is elderly and has kept up his storage fees and may be willing to sell. I do know Alberg designed some tough boats, my Typhoon was in this shape when I found it and most problems I ran in to were cosmetic except for two soft spots and sagging cabin roof under mast (fixed by installing a compression post). Anyway, if any of you hear of any Ariels for sale please let me know. Thanks for reading. Jerry