+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ariel for sale on Ebay

Ariel for sale on Ebay

This boat is worth viewing for it's custom work...... The owner of this yacht must surely have a sense of humor

1957 Pearson Ariel 25'7" Used Sailboat - GA

It's Nefreitti! I have a disc with pictures of her from back in her 'glory' days... when the varnish was shiny.

I wondered what became of her.

s/v 'Faith'

1964 Ariel #226
    Link to our travels on Sailfar.net

A-435

NEFRETITE was posted for sale on eBay in June 2004 by Hartwell Marine. Obviously, the construction date should be 1967.

Nefreitti is a real piece of "folk-art". My first thought is it's kind of an embarrassment to all Ariel owners. But the work has been clearly done by somebody with much skill and as Carl wrote: humor. I would love to know more about it's creation.

Those carved doors up in the vee-berth are classic seventies "Fine Woodworking" magazine. Where did people find the time? I think the world wasn't so leveraged back then.

My guess is the buyer will be a member of one of the numerous yacht clubs along the Somalia coast or a major theme park. Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.

Includes a Homestrand alcohol stove!

Ben
    Last edited by Ariel 109; 01-30-2010 at 05:59 AM.

Bring on the bleach and the flush cut blades.

I would not have thought that viewing pictures on a screen could illicit such a strong alfactory response, but seeing those images of her down below....I can just sense the stench of mildew, rust, and bilge.

While carving a block of marble Michelangelo is claimed to have said he was freeing the man in this stone. I can imagine much the same coming from the kind soul who ends up, hopefully, in posession of both this once proud ship and a sawzall with the blade set flush to the base of that fine woodworking an the bow, stern, and base of the mast.

Bring on the bleach and the flush cut blades. These are good tough boats. They deserve better.

A-435

Wow Bill, That's quite a high hull number, I may have to follow the auction, now I'm interested.

Quote Originally Posted by c_amos View Post
    It's Nefreitti! I have a disc with pictures of her from back in her 'glory' days... when the varnish was shiny. I wondered what became of her.
    Hey Craig, would you mind emailing me some of those pics or put them up in a gallery page? It looks A-435 deserves a place in the archives along with other memorable owner customized boats: Ebb's Little Gull, Tony's Dream Weaver, Sirocco, Uhuru and Braveheart to name a few.

It'd probably good PR to post some here too. Someone will pick up a boat that was very well loved. She must be so sad and lonely now.
    Last edited by mbd; 01-31-2010 at 08:23 AM.
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

I gotta say, Craig, I'm in the same camp as Mike and Ben. She is not your average Ariel and truely warrants a spot in the gallery

Or else, you have my e-mail address

+ Reply to Thread