+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Small world

Small world

I'm having dinner Wednesday night in Halifax, N.S., with a few executives of one of my clients and the talk turns to sailing. One says he has recently bought a Pearson Ariel. Small world, I say, my first boat was a Pearson Commander. I then ask if he belongs to this list, and he says he does and that he bought his Ariel from Tim Mertinooke. Now, Tim and I have never met, but I remember quite vividly his posts about his Ariel and his sale of same. So, Tim, I bring you greetings from Alex. I am no doubt a stranger to you since I sold my Commander about 5 years ago. I've stayed on the list because I like the people, but I lost my password and so haven't posted in a long time. Our worthy moderator was kind enough to restore my access today.

So, we live in a world held together, in part, by Pearson boats.

Cheers,

Al

Although the time with my Ariel was short, it was sweet, and I could not have been happier with who ended up with it. My hope is that Alex will continue posting his adventures on the "Ariel #24" thread where I left off. Each boat has a story and #24 is just getting warmed up. A small world it is...

+ Reply to Thread