+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ariel for sale on ebay

Ariel for sale on ebay

Hull number 400 for sale in Michigan. Starting bid is 4000, buy it now price is 7000. Item number: 4614331352. Includes a trailer. Might want to check it out.

Asst. Vice Commodore, NorthEast Fleet, Commander Division (Ret.) Brightwaters, N.Y.
    Here's the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...romZR40QQfviZ1
    Attached Images  

Question

This is strange. I went to eBay at:

eBay Motors > Other Vehicles > Boats > Sailboats > Sailboats 20-27 feet

and the ad does not appear. Even pasted the ad title in the search window with no luck. Yet, I can access the ad via the URL Pete posted. Could the ad have been removed?

Lat 38 has an Ariel and an Commander, both, for sale,
    They want twice as much for the Commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    This is strange. I went to eBay at:

eBay Motors > Other Vehicles > Boats > Sailboats > Sailboats 20-27 feet

and the ad does not appear. Even pasted the ad title in the search window with no luck. Yet, I can access the ad via the URL Pete posted. Could the ad have been removed?
    Bill, I just checked - it's there. Listed Feb-16...
    Mike
    Totoro (Sea Sprite 23 #626)

yup

I saw it too.
    4,000 current price. Not bad I think with trailer,
    7,000 to buy now!
    To error is human
    To Sail is divine... Book of French

Hi!
    I'm a new poster here but I've been reading all of the old posts and I've been coveting your boats! I'm looking for an Ariel so I emailed the seller for a little more detail on the condition of this boat. It's been 2 days and he hasn't responded- bad sign. There is no detail in the ad at all. For all I know this boat doesn't have any sails! Anyway- great site, great people, great boats- hope I'll have actual boat issues to talk about with you soon.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by BJOAS
    . . . I emailed the seller for a little more detail on the condition of this boat. It's been 2 days and he hasn't responded- bad sign. Brian
    Maybe he's off over the three day weekend? He responded to me almost immediately when I informed him of the association. (Said "thank you")

I thought of that. It is good to know he contacted you right away. I'm still waiting for a response.
    Brian
    New Hampshire

Brian, comb through the "Genreral/Off-Topic" for the last year or so. I posted one that was recently listed in a bit closer to you, here in Portland. I had considered it when I was looking, so its been for sale for quite a while - could have potential...

Also, I understand the one in Mass with a trailer is not in the greatest shape, but it has also been for sale for a while - also another that I considered when I was looking. He wanted 10K then, so I didn't even look at it...
    Mike

Thanks MBD!
    Hey, we're neighbors. I've seen the ad for the one in Mass. I think he wants 7K now. I'd drive to Michigan to get one for 4K with a trailer. It's close to yours in vintage, too. I can't remember the one you posted in Maine but I'll find it. This will be my first real boat so I want it to be in sail-away condition. I don't mind the work as long as I can sail it while I work on it. I also don't know where I'll keep it yet so the trailer would be helpful until I find moorage. Do you know of anything in southern Maine?
    Brian
    New Hampshire

Hey, we're neighbors.
    Yup.

I think he wants 7K now...
    This will be my first real boat so I want it to be in sail-away condition. I don't mind the work as long as I can sail it while I work on it.
    5K OBO last I checked... Not sail away condition though. If you're open to a Commander, there's one that certainly fits the bill in NJ - w/ trailer. He just bought an Ariel off someone on the forum.

Do you know of anything in southern Maine?
    A place to keep a boat or a boat? Possible Boat: there's an outside chance that Orca (Ariel) might sell. He was tossing around the idea of a bigger boat when I contacted him from his web site a year or two ago. You never know... Good luck, an be patient.
    Mike

Got an email from the seller's friend. Apparently the owner had to move suddenly to Washington State. With luck he'll call me tomorrow.
    Brian
    New Hampshire

Brian, don't forget about Ariel #3 for sale.
    ....And it is in sail-away condition.

http://www.pearsonariel.org/discussi...ead.php?t=1185
    -km
    aka, "sell out"
    S/V Beyond the Sea
    C&C 35 mkIII

KM,
    I love your Ariel and I will certainly consider it. It's a long sail to NH!. Better see if I can get some time off for that one. Anyone ever had a boat hauled that distance? Dare I ask the cost?
    Brian
    New Hampshire

+ Reply to Thread