+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A love for sailing...

A love for sailing...

Another quick question,........does anyone else love their boat as much as we do ours?

Wink

Ah! Newlyweds !

Wink Love of boats

Anthony/Bina Your post of " does any one love their boat as much as we do? " I can say this...walking around Indian town marina with literally hundreds of boats "on the hard"...if I did not own #50 , I would STILL end up back looking at it at the end of the tour. They ARE beautiful boats !!!

Anthony - Easy Question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony/Bina
    does anyone else love their boat as much as we do ours?

Answer: No.

I love mine more. :P
    Kurt - Ariel #422 Katie Marie
    --------------------------------------------------
    sailFar.net
    Small boats, long distances...

underwater cam

Can't see starting new thread for this,

Just wondering if anyone has ever used one, Harbor Freight has one on sale, goes down to 60'. Only bad thing i see is b&w monitor, but it's only $99.99
    works in 0 lux. Thought it might be handy for examining my bottom, or finding a wreck in the Columbia, just for fun.

So did you sail Katie any, or just motor? I am so jealous! What a nice Ariel.
    I'm sure others love their boats also, but it's hard to imagine, ain't it? lol
    Last edited by willie; 04-07-2005 at 07:06 PM.
    wet willieave maria

Exclamation dont get too attached

sure boats are great.I love the ocean...nevermind the boat.a very knowledgable source one time told me that there are many well-found seaworthy boats on the bottom.keep in mind as great and as relaxing as sailing is,that boat can be out from under you without warning in no time at all.dont get too attached.I found out the hard way.

Asst. Vice Commodore, NorthEast Fleet, Commander Division (Ret.) Brightwaters, N.Y.
    I can feel another good story coming

attachment

Here's one in the interim about attachment, whether to boats, people or ideas. Deceptively simple:

One afternoon, Nasruddin and a friend were sitting in a cafe drinking tea and talking about life and love. His friend asked, 'How come you never married?'
    'Well,' said Nasruddin, 'to tell the truth, I spent my youth looking for the perfect woman. In Cairo I met a beautiful and intelligent woman, but she was unkind. Then in Baghdad, I met a woman who was wonderful and generous soul, but we had no common interests. One woman after another would seem just right, but there always would be something missing. Then, one day I met her: beautiful, intelligent, generous and kind. We had very much in common. In fact she was perfect!'
    'So what happened?' asked Nasruddin's friend, 'Why didn't you marry her?'
    Nasruddin sipped his tea reflectively. 'Well,' he replied, 'it's really the sad story of my life... It seemed that she was looking for the perfect man...'

This came from a Budhdist site, in the middle of the night I lost it and can't give due credit.

+ Reply to Thread